"Fountain Hills Senator John Kavanagh has Sponsored some incredible pieces of Legislation:Take a Look as of January 18, 2023":
Senate bills sponsored by John Kavanagh (R-3) today include:
- SB1024, would ban sleeping or sitting on sidewalks and other public rights of way unless there’s a medical emergency or a parade. This would revisit the issue of rampant homelessness with the radical 9th District Court and could lead to real action from the U.S. Supreme Court the overturn the misguided lower court rulings. Scheduled for Senate Military Affairs Committee
- SB1022, would ban pedestrians from selling goods, soliciting donations, or begging on a painted or raised traffic island or median. The penalties escalate, with a third offense carrying a penalty of up to six months in jail. Panhandling has gotten out of control in the city and suburbs. This is common sense and promotes both pedestrian and vehicle safety. Scheduled for Senate Military Affairs Committee,
- SB1011, would make municipal elections, like mayors and city councils, partisan beginning in 2024. Local government officials hide behind nonpartisan labels while pushing leftist, big government ideas. Scheduled for Senate Government Committee
- SB1013, would do away with “free speech zones” on college campuses, instead allowing anyone who is “lawfully present” on a university campus to protest anywhere on campus the law permits them to be. For too long educrats have disregarded the First Amendment. Scheduled for Senate Education Committee.
- SB1021, would require the Attorney General to defend all laws passed by the legislature against all legal challenges, unless 2/3 of the members of both the House and Senate Judiciary Committees vote otherwise. Radical Kris Mayes has already threatened to not enforce Arizona’s legally passed prolife laws. Scheduled for Senate Government Committee,.
- SB1001, sponsored by John Kavanagh (R-3), would ban teachers from using a student’s fake pronouns without written parental permission. Trans activists are working to politicize children and divide parents. Scheduled for Senate Education Committee
The Appropriation Committee in each chamber holds hearings on and must vote to approve for passage by the entire body any and all bills that spend general fund monies, principally the state budget. Committee members also serve on the Joint Legislative Budget Committee and Joint Legislative Committee for Capital Review, which must approve items like lawsuit settlements and construction projects.